12 January 2012

MCT: Favorite Stamp of the Month

by Veronica

I can't believe how QUICKLY Valentine's Day is approaching! I remember it being such a BIG day in high school. National Honor Society always capitalized on it and sold carnations with cards that you could have delivered to your recipients' classes. I still have the 12 cards that came with the dozen carnations my (now) husband sent me when I was in 11th grade. They're all stapled together and on the back of the last one, are the lyrics to the first song we danced to at our wedding.

Click for larger view
 Today we were asked to create a project using this month's "Favorite Stamp": You Had Me At Chocolate. This set is perfect for Valentine's Day or just to say "I love you" to someone special. With February 14th being so close, I decided to make my husband's Valentine's Day card.

The sentiment is from You Had Me At Chocolate. I used 100% Sweetness to cut the stitched heart and then stamped the cupid on top. Using the polka dots from Build a Banner Kit I randomly stamped all over the kraft base of the card. I just LOVE the pink frame which was cut using the Elegant Edges Cricut Cartridge. Can you believe the the brown sparkle flourish, glittery frame and BEAUTIFUL brown velvet ruffle ribbon came from a local dollar store?!?!?! If you're in the Metro Detroit area, be SURE to stop by Debby's Dollar at 27/Van Dyke - it's the best!

If you have the You Had Me At Chocolate Stamp Set, mosey on over to Emma's blog to join in on the Linky Party! If not, you might want to take a trip over to the Shop to purchase it - it's on SALE!

I hope you were inspired!

-Veronica

14 comments :

  1. your husband will love it!! Beautiful design! I love the stamped cupid and the velvet ribbon!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful! I love the colors and the overall design. Brown velvet ribbon sounds yummy! :)

    Ally

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a beautiful card! I love the colors and what you did with that ribbon!
    Tracy M

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty Veronica. Love the loopy border.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous! i love all the texture! Beautiful job! Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! So pretty. And great border....one of my favorite carts!

    hugs
    Cassandra

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wish we had a local Dollar Store...we have Family Dollar but not much in the way of crafting things. Closer than most but still a ways from Detroit :D A nice romantic story about your high school days and sweetheart. Sweet job on your beautiful card too.
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  8. so pretty!! love stories of romance :) parkernana4@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving the border punch!!Another great card Veronica!! hugs

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card....and gotta love those dollar stores! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a gorgeous card Veronica! I love it! Hugs, Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fabulous card! Looks like your Debby's Dollar is a great store to find scrappy extras!
    Tracy
    jtg0398 at sbcglobal dot net

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awww sweet - that is adorable card. I love the cute little cupid and the sentiment is awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I appreciate your feedback and hope you were inspired!