A bit ago, a Facebook friend of mine shared this awesome video on how to turn one half of a shirt box into a smaller, folded box and I thought it was genius! Keeping that in mind, I decided to try my hand at making a much smaller version for gift cards and voila!
It's really simple to make and is held closed by a cute little belly band. You can decorate the belly band to match whatever holiday or theme you're gifting for!
MCT Products Used
Holiday Tags Stamp & Die Set (sentiment, candy canes)
Stitched Belly Band Dies (layered shapes)
|Click on above diagram for larger view|
To make the box:
- Cut your cardstock to 5" x 4.5".
- Score 1/2" around all edges.
- Score on the long side at 2.25" from both ends (leaving 1/2" in the middle).
- Cut on the scored lines as shown in the diagram to the right (white marks).
- Fold on remaining scored lines, tape as needed.
This little box fits a gift card perfectly! The same concept can be applied to different sized pieces of cardstock (making the score lines wider as needed) for many size boxes.
Thanks for stopping by today to see my quick little tutorial. Be sure to check out Emma's blog to see what the other designers have in store for you!
I hope you were inspired!