29 March 2012

MCT Throwback Thursday: Backyard Barker

by Veronica

Hey there! Welcome to today's Throwback Thursday Challenge! For today's challenge, Emma is requiring us to use ANY 'older' Cricut Cartridge to complete our projects.

Today's project was inspired by another FABULOUS My Creative Time Design Team Member, Katie. I created this project while at Scrap Camp for the weekend and didn't realize just how inspired this card was until I came home and looked back at Katie's project from February. Thanks, Katie, for your inspiration!!!

For this 4" x 4" card, I let my die cuts hang 'off the page' for a fun design element. I made sure not to let them fall too far off the card so that it will still fit in a standard A2 (4.25" x 5.5") envelope. The dog house and tree are cut using the Everday Paper Dolls Cricut Cartridge.

Tip: If the cut you want to use on a cartridge is not offered in 'layers' (where you can cut different parts of the image in different colors), you can still give it extra pizzazz by cutting it 2 or more times in different colors, snipping the details yourself and adhering your new 'custom layers' together - as I did here with the dog house and tree!

That precious puppy is from the Animal Kingdom Cricut Cartridge. After I completed my Cricut cuts, I shaded them with my Copic markers. I also used my Copics to color the sky and clouds in the background.

For my fence, I stamped the chicken wire design from MCT's Spring Chicken Backgrounds onto a piece of acetate. Since I didn't have any full sheets to stamp on, I simply used the backing to a sticker sheet I had laying around. Handy AND environmentally friendly! *giggle* I recommend using StazOn Ink when stamping on acetate. It does just what it says it does - STAYS ON!

I cut a few strips of gray for my fence posts, adhered them to the front of the acetate fence and popped the fence up on the card (keeping my pop dots behind the fence posts so you can't see them).

If you'd like to play along with this week's Throwback Thursday Challenge, head on over to Emma's blog to link up!

I hope you were inspired!

- Veronica

16 comments :

  1. Veronica,

    I love your card! It is so cute and has so much POP to it! Thanks for your extra tips too!

    bdcampers@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Veronica ~ ADORBS card! LOVE how you shaded everything with your cuts ~ add the perfect element! Oh I have to go check out that tree.. amazing what you learn reading others posts! Again ~ totally agree with you about the stazon and acetate! You have some really GREAT tips and ideas! TU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe, love the dog. I liked how your cuts hung off the card. Gives it lots of detail. TFS
    --C

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How adorable! I love it! TFS
      Miranda :)
      www.nanasscrapspot.com

      Delete
  4. ADORABLE!!!! I love that we all help inspire each other. I also love how some of the elements go over the edge. They look terrific. Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute as I love anything with dogs.

    Barbara
    craftmethis@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute Veronica!!! Thanks for the tip too, hadn't thought of that!
    Puppy Hugs,
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love dogs - they always stay puppies. So i love this cute card. Thanks for sharing.

    marianne dot wanham at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  8. So so cute, and perfect use of the chicken wire background stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Making a fence is a great use for that stamp...Your card is way cute. Great job.
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the fence and you did a great job with the copics. I forget about some of those great animal cuts on animal kingdom. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this card Veronica! I never thought of stamping the fence on a piece of acetate...Clever! big hugs

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super Cute...Love it!! Love the fence!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. omg this is soo cute


    rosiemini@gmail.com
    www.scraplovingminis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I appreciate your feedback and hope you were inspired!