31 May 2012

MCT Favorite Stamps of the Month

by Veronica

Howdy! Welcome to the latest installment of Emma's Favorite Stamps of the Month! For the month of June, THREE stamp sets will be on sale at the My Creative Time Online Store: You're My Best Buddy (just in time for Father's Day), My Little Firecracker (perfect for your Independence Day projects) and Have Fun in the Sun (great for your summer layouts and cards).

click photo for larger view
My project today uses Have Fun in the Sun in a bit of a non-traditional way. In fact, the whole layout is a bit different.

Most scrapbook pages are expected to have photos on them. But every once in a while, I like to create a page that sets the mood for the pages following it. This "title" page is for my Disney World album (that I'm still working on a year and a half later... *cough*).

I used the Alphalicious Cricut Cartridge to cut out my letters and shadows (except for "Disney", which was cut using the Mickey and Friends cartridge). The arrow was cut using the Accent Essentials cartridge. To add some visual interest, I 'threaded' the "O" and "D" with the arrow.

The little Mickey and Minnie driving away in the car was hand cut out of a piece of paper (found at my local Debbie's Dollar Store). I stamped "Magic" from Have Fun in the Sun and cut it out in a rectangle to make the Mouse's license plate.

If you're interested in playing along, you can link up your project using any of the three "Favorite Stamps of the Month" on Emma's blog!

I hope you were inspired!

- Veronica

11 comments :

  1. Too cute...anything Disney I Love...this is no exception!! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this layout is too cute, love the mickey/minnie car.

    rosiemini@gmail.com
    www.scraplovingminis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Veronica ~ LOVE the layout! The background paper is just PERFECT! How CLEVER of you to thread the arrow thru the letters! I am lifting this idea ~ LOVE it! Oh my that license plate with "magic" on it is too PERFECT and CLEVER too! I think you are doing FABULOUS on your book from this trip!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your layout is just AMAZING!FANTASTIC job with it,Have a great day Veronica!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I LOVE how the arrow is threaded through the letters! and it looks perfect without the photo...pretty much like a title page or the cover of an album! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like to do title pages sometimes too. This one is PERFECT. I'm SO storing it away for one of my Disney trips. The license plate is AWESOME too! Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very clever job on your page! I love how you threaded the arrow and all of the fun details to make your page. I agree that not all pages need to have photos...this will look great in the album.
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Terrific! I love using Title Pages throughout my albums too!

    missstamper (at) yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute page. LOVE Disney Layouts! Thanks for the inspiration.
    Sylvia in (hot) AZ

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this page and I am using something like it for the cover page of my first Disney Album! Thanks for sharing all the info and making it easy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I appreciate your feedback and hope you were inspired!