30 July 2013

MCT Inspire Me Tuesday: It's Take a Long Time...

by Veronica

Hey there!

Today at My Creative Time, we are showcasing projects we've created and what inspired us to create them. I was inspired by this photo of an old pocket watch. I loved the gold color of the metal, roman numerals, and wood background of the photo.

Image via Wikipedia
Typically, pocket watches are seen as masculine, but I wanted to 'girly' it up by using rhinestones, pearls and flowers in my design.


I embossed the clock (All Around Birthday Time) in gold and stamped the sentiment (More of My Favorite Sayings) in brown.

A diamond score pattern on the Kraft card base, paper piercing on the chocolate layer and gold shimmer card stock add more dimension and class to this already sophisticated design.

Thanks for stopping by today. Be sure to head over to Emma's blog to see what the rest of the Design Team was inspired to create.

I hope you were inspired!

- Veronica

6 comments :

  1. Veronica ~ Oh this is so BEUATIUFL! I LVOE that stamp set you used and need to use it more often! Everything just captures your inspiration photo! GORGEOUS job as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous!! Love the combined rhinestone and pearl flourishes. Great work!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card and so much dimension and I love the bling. The layers and embossing is wonderful. Great job!
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that flourish! So pretty! And the time piece stamp is super cute as well. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous card!!! LOVE the inspiration and your card design is amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. GROGEOUS job with your card Veronica!!!:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I appreciate your feedback and hope you were inspired!