29 April 2014

MCT Tag It Tuesday: Mother's Day Flowers

by Veronica

Did you hop with us over the weekend to see the 31st Release? It. Was. Awesome.

I was so inspired by Lee-Ann's project that I knew I had to try using the new flowers on kraft colored card stock with the ghost stamping technique.

Since our theme for today's tag was floral, I had the perfect opportunity to try it out.


I used the Tag Dies for my base and stamped all of my flowers in white first. Then I went back and stamped them in fun, bright colors a little off of the white (that's the "ghost stamping" technique). The rosette at the top gives a bit more oomph to the tag, don't you think?

MCT Products Used
Tag Die (base)
Scalloped Stitched Rosette Dies
Stitched Circle Die
Build A Pretty Flower (larger flowers and vines)
Pretty Spring Wreaths (smaller flowers)
All Around Everything (sentiment)

I added a little sparkle with some Stickles on the center flower and dotted on the tag base.

Thanks for stopping by today! You can check out the MCT blog to see what the other designers created.

I hope you were inspired!

- Veronica

6 comments :

  1. Beautiful...love your ghost stamping!! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Veronica ~ BEAUTIFUL tag!! I LOVE that ghost stamping and you did it PERFECTLY!
    I need to try this soon ~ need to get my ink shipped first! Always AMAZING here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your tag, and I love the technique. Just wondering what brand of white ink do you use?
    Thank you for the inspiration!!!
    Shelly
    Smedina24@att.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really liked the ghost stamping on kraft cardstock also. Your tag is beautiful. The rosette is such a pretty compliment with it's colors for the ghost flowers. Beautiful tag.
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a really pretty tag. I love how you did the ghost stamping, it really has a cool look!
    dianne

    ReplyDelete
  6. BEAUTIFUL job with your tag my friend!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I appreciate your feedback and hope you were inspired!