15 April 2014

MCT Try Me Tuesday - Ghost Stamping: Half Marathon Inspiration

by Veronica

Last year I trained for and ran my first full marathon. It was an incredible journey! During training and even right after crossing the finish line, I was adamant that it would be my one and ONLY full marathon. I knew I'd continue running, but 26.2 miles wasn't going to show up again in my future.

Never say never, right?

A week later, I was excited at the thought of training just one more time for that full marathon medal. Since The Hubs and I are interested in starting a family next year, I figure that this is my last viable year before kids to train hard. And I'm proud to say that our dedication to our training has inspired MANY family members to jump on board and sign up to run this year's Detroit International Half Marathon in October.

This encouragement card is for my sister-in-law, Christina. This is her first time ever running and she's doing such a great job of sticking with the training schedule. I'm so proud of her.


I printed the words on my computer directly onto my card base, leaving room for the 13.1 die cut-outs. After cutting out my mileage number, I adhered a square of turquoise card stock behind the card front with pop-dots to add dimension.

For the Ghost Stamping technique, I first stamped my feet in white and then stamped them again (a little 'off') in turquoise. It's a subtle effect on this color card base, but adds a bit of flair.

MCT Products Used
Stitched 4x6 Journal Die (numbers)
Hello Chickie (I used the bow center die for the 'point' in the numbers)
All Star Baby (feet stamps)

Thanks for stopping by! Be sure to check out Emma's blog for more great uses of the Ghost Stamping technique.

I hope you were inspired!

- Veronica

9 comments :

  1. She will be thrilled that you did this. Your card is FANTASTIC!! Love it! Love you!

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love this card. It is so clever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very clever how you printed this on the computer. I like the dimension with the numbers and that this fun technique, looks good on white too. Good luck to everyone training for the marathons.
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to you are your super accomplishment so proud of you~~~ Your card turned out so awesome what a clever and creative card too. Your ghost stamping turned out super. Thanks for sharing so many cool ideas. Your sister in law is so going to love her card how sweet of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this card is beautiful! love it! great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a beautiful card, Veronica! I love how you popped the turquoise up behind the numbers, and then the ghost stamping looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. AWESOME job my friend, looks FANTASTIC!!!! :) so cool

    ReplyDelete
  8. Veronica ~ Oh my goodness I LOVE this card! LOVE the turquoise and how you did the numbers and the feet! BEAUTIFUL job! Way to go Veronica ~ and WHOO HOO to your SIL too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I appreciate your feedback and hope you were inspired!