03 July 2014

MCT Thrifty Thursday: Butterfly Anniversary Card

by Veronica

A few weeks ago, The Hubs and I were at Home Depot picking out paint colors for our front door and exterior entrance. As we were browsing the paint swatches, I noticed a little pamphlet with color combo ideas.

I really loved the different color ideas inside the pamphlet and figured I could maybe use the itty bitty swatches that were included. Sure enough - I did!


This anniversary card is for my other brother and sister-in-law who will be celebrating 9 years married this month. I cut the small butterflies out of the paint swatches in the pamphlet and kept the rest of the card very airy and white.

This card is super clean and simple, but has such an elegant feel. The sentiment was created by combining two stamp sets.

MCT Products Used
Pretty Butterflies & Dragonfly Dies
Vintage Stitched Label Dies (sentiment banner)
Chocolate Greetings ("HAPPY")
Happy Thoughts ("anniversary!")

Thanks so much for stopping by! You can check out more thrifty projects on Emma's blog.

I hope you were inspired!

- Veronica

7 comments :

  1. What a gorgeous card!! Wow when I read your recipe I was blown away with what you used for your butterfly die cuts talk about using scraps/re cycling and being super clever and creative!! Love the ways you used Miss Emma's goodies.
    As always your card is so romantic....your brother and SIL are so going to love it. Girl YOU so ROCK!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, great way to use a paint swatch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous!!! I love the mini butterflies mounted on the bigger white ones!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Veronica ~ Oh my word this is GORGEOUS! I LOVE the color combination, the idea of using color swatches and oh the tiny butterflies on the bigger ones ~ stunning!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful Veronica!!
    AWESOME card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would have bet I already commented on this post but I don't see it! What a great idea to use the paint chips! I love the layered butterflies with the bling. So pretty. Your brother and sister-in-law will love this beautiful card.
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I appreciate your feedback and hope you were inspired!