09 July 2014

MCT Inspiration Wednesday: FIFA Birthday Card

by Veronica

Today we're sharing projects that we were 'inspired' to make. Last week, our almost-11-year-old nephew, Zack, stayed a few days with us. He and The Hubs both love soccer, so you can bet that the World Cup games were on in our house!

They even went outside and played soccer with the boys next door. Yep, The Hubs went outside to play, too. I think he was just waiting for an excuse (Zack) to go play!

Zack's birthday is coming up next week. I knew that a FIFA inspired birthday card would be perfect for him, so I Googled the World Cup logo and found this interesting parrot image. Now, its not the official World Cup logo, but the bright colors really caught my eye and the shapes seemed like fun.


I cut the shapes by hand, imitating the shapes that make up the parrot in my inspiration image. The "Happy" was cut out in white card stock and then colored with my Copics to coordinate with the shapes.

MCT Products Used
Soccer Stamp Set  (soccer ball)
Bunch of Fun Circle Dies (for soccer ball)
Happy Thoughts ("Happy" die)
Vintage Label Dies (flag die)
Card Sentiments ("Birthday")

Thanks for stopping by! Head over to the MCT blog to see what our other designers have created for today.

I hope you were inspired!

- Veronica

5 comments :

  1. Wow, this is a really cool card!!! I bet your nephew will love it!! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, beautiful card, my dad has been watching every game too! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool card! I love the bright colors and the movement the shapes give the card. Zack will love it!
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Veronica ~ What an AWESOME card! LOVE the whole idea for the card and your soccer playing nephew! He is going to LOVE his card!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I appreciate your feedback and hope you were inspired!