26 April 2012

MCT Throwback Thursday: Happy Birthday Flowers

by Veronica

It's another Throwback Thursday over at My Creative Time, and this week's challenge is to create a project using a Cricut cartridge with a frame.

Click image for larger view
For my project, I made a beautiful card for my Grandma who's birthday, May 1st, is just the day after mine! After creating my card base (5.5" square), I adhered my flower patterned paper (from Echo Park's This & That 6x6 pad) and then cut another sheet of the same patterned paper into strips and popped them up over the first layer.

My frame was created using the Elegant Edges Cricut Cartridge and was popped up onto my card. I stamped the flower bunch from Bloom Where You Are Planted and colored it with my Copics. The "Happy Birthday" is from Floral Sentiments - I just LOVE that font!

Of course, I used plenty of pop dots to bring my card to life and I added some Stampin' Up! Baker's Twine for a little extra pizzazz.

If you want to join in on the Throwback Thursday fun, click on over to Emma's blog to link up! You have until Wednesday, May 9th to play along!

I hope you were inspired!

- Veronica 

12 comments :

  1. Very pretty!! your grandma is going to love it!! Happy Early Birthday!!
    Kristan

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO pretty! I just love those papers. And the popped up frame on the edge is such a beautiful effect! I LOVE it! Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete
  3. Veronica ~ First the coloring is just INCREDIBLE! The papers and design of this card is just AWESOME! I LOVE how you popped the frame too ~ gives it great dimension! Your grandma will just LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, just in time for spring. TFS
    --C

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW what a beautiful card, love the dimension.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely card! Your coloring of the flowers is just beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooohhh, Gramma is going to LOVE this card. I just love the patterned paper. Very cheerful! Great job.

    Love ya,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW your card is sooo PRETTY with all those great colors and I LOVE the layers!Have a nice evening!:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job on your beautiful card...the coloring is so pretty.
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful Veronica! You grandma is gonna love it! hugs my friend!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I appreciate your feedback and hope you were inspired!