30 April 2012

Scrappy Monday with My Creative Time: Goofin' Around

by Veronica

Howdy! Today is the very FIRST installment of the new My Creative Time segment dedicated to scrapbook layouts! I really do love to scrapbook, but always seem to find myself creating cards or home decor items. For today's project, I'm adding another page to the scrapbook that documents the Disney World trip my (now) husband and I took in October 2010 (which *cough* still isn't finished).

Confession time: I haven't even THOUGHT about starting our wedding album and we'll be celebrating our first anniversary in June. In fact, the only pictures I have PRINTED from our wedding are those that other people have given me. I know, I know...terrible.

This scrapbook page is 12x12 and is inspired by the following sketch. You'll notice that I didn't use three pictures, I don't have tags in my title, nor did I use any flowers. When following a sketch, you DO NOT have to follow it exactly! The sketch should be used as inspiration - a starting point - for your project. Use your own interpretation of the elements in the sketch and make it your own!

Click photo for larger view
I just love the pictures I took of the Hubs with Goofy in Animal Kingdom. As the journaling block states, I really thought that I would have to convince Duane to pose with the characters for me. But he was all too willing to wait his turn behind all the 5-year-olds and then give Goofy a giant hug and a beaming smile for the photo.

The title of this page was created using Mini Monograms ("Just", "Around") and Mickey Font ("Goofin") Cricut Cartridges. The papers are from various Disney paper pads and the Goofy and camera 3D stickers are from a Disney package purchased at my local Debbie's Dollar.

Want to play along with this Sketch Challenge? Create your layout (it can be ANY size) and link up over at Emma's blog! Can't wait to see what you create!

I hope you were inspired!

- Veronica

10 comments :

  1. Adorable, Veronica! I love how your hubby was just as excited as you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Veronica ~ I just LOVE reading your posts ~ they crack me up or totally relate to me! Okay first I ADORE your layout! LOVE all the elements you added! Oh I LOVE your confession too! I am so glad your hubby was able to follow directions and wait his turn with all the 5 year olds ~ roflol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Lo is so so cute! I love ALL the bright colors!! LOL I think Everyone Adult turns back into a kid when they are at Disneyland :) Awesome pics

    Micia

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWESOME! This is SO perfect! I LOVE how well he interacted with Goofy. Totally reminds me of my husband (a total kid at heart). This is a PERFECT Disney layout! I LOVE it!!!! Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Veronica,Your layout is sooo FUN!AWESOME job with it,I LOVE the great colors and photo!Have a nice day!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. GREAT LAYOUT!!! When my sister and I go to Disneyland...we are ALWAYS the only adults in line for photos with NO KIDS...LOL!!! Too cute! hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Having great photos like this make layouts fun to do! Your husband does not mind being in your blog and story? That helps also...what a good sport. Great job on your page.
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a fun layout,Veronica! I love the title...looks awesome! Fun pics! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, I just LOVE your layout! It's perfect! What a great title too!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your fun layout! Perfect color and you did capture a true moment they you family love to go back and look at. Pretty layout TFS AJ!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I appreciate your feedback and hope you were inspired!