20 July 2012

A Little Chocolate Now & Then...

by Veronica

I'm lucky enough to be Guest Designing for Emma at My Creative Time AND Everyday Cricut today. This project was created for My Creative Time. You can click here to see my post for Everyday Cricut.

Click photo for larger view
Today's project is a sweet little 4x4 card I made to add to my stash of cards to give to The Hubs when he leaves on work trips or I leave for Scrap Camp. He LOVES chocolate, so the sentiment on this card is perfect for him!

After cutting my card base, I ran it through my Big Shot with one of the frames from the Stampin' Up! Designer Frames Textured Impressions Embossing Folders Set. I then layered my blue patterned paper (which I cut into a square frame) on top of the card base. The adorable sentiment and hot chocolate mug are from the Do The Cocoa Motion Stamp Set.

I shaded the cocoa mug with my Copics and added Marvy Uchida Liquid Applique to the foam spilling out of the top.

Liquid Applique comes in a tube (similar to a glue pen). After applying it to my project, I heated it with my heat tool and it puffed up to look like foam. This product is great for fur, frosting, snow and whipped cream!

I created the chocolate bar on my own using my paper trimmer and a black fine point marker for the corner marks. After tying my cute polka dot ribbon around the card, it was good to go!

Great News: STARTING TODAY, you can shop at the My Creative Time Online Store and SAVE 20% off your entire order using code: THANKU

This Customer Appreciation Sale is only good until Sunday, July 22nd, so be sure to get your orders in this weekend!

I hope you were inspired!

- Veronica

2 comments :

  1. I love your card! I do the same thing when my husband goes out of town! He gets sad if i get too busy and don't have a card in his suitcase! TFS!

    bdcampers@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Veronica ~ Oh my word! I LOVE, LOVE , LOVE your card! The colors are just GORGEOUS and the stamps work PERFECTLY together! Your hubby just has to ADORE you!! Oh I have to lift this chocolate bar idea ~ so stinking CLEVER!!! AWEOSME job "Sweet" Veronica!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I appreciate your feedback and hope you were inspired!