17 July 2012

Transition Scrapbook Pages

by Veronica

Scrapbooks have come a long way since the days of white pages with black photo corners, haven't they? But the concept remains the same: preserve photos, preserve memories.

I love to preserve my snapshots just as much as the next scrapbooker, but sometimes - a photo just isn't necessary. Throughout my scrapbooks, I like to take a break from the photos and insert 'transition' pages, if you will. These special pages allow me room to get creative with the entire canvas - no arranging the layout around photos.

Don't get me wrong: I scrapbook for the photos and memories. But every once in a while, it's nice to design freely.

Click photo for larger view
This 'transition' page was created to go between my engagement pages and wedding day pages in my wedding album (...which I am just now starting. And that's okay!). It serves to let the admirer know that we're moving from one section to another in the book.

The "K" was cut using the Tie the Knot Cricut Cartridge. I used my white gel pen to doodle around the letter (leaving the swirl blank). Well... I meant to leave the swirl blank.

Confession: I got a little carried away with my doodling and accidentally doodled on the swirly part between the legs of the "K" (now hidden by the flowers and tag). It'll be our little secret, okay?


The mistake-cover-up - *ahem* - I mean, fully intentional flowers are by Kaiser Scrapbook and were purchased from my local Debbie's Dollar Store (the BEST dollar store...possibly ever). I layered the different colors together, added the tag (from the Echo Park This & That Decorative Brads set) to better hid my doodle-oops and held it all together with a coordinating brad from the same Echo Park set.

The green layers on the page were hand cut and I paper pierced the top piece. Our wedding date was cut using the Stamped Cricut Cartridge. I tied some Stampin' Up! Pool Baker's Twine around the date layer to add a little texture.

This page really sets the tone for the wedding section of my album. And I urge you to consider adding 'transition' pages to your scrapbooks, too!

I'll be back tomorrow with another Cricut project to share here and on the Everyday Cricut blog.

I hope you were inspired!

- Veronica

2 comments :

  1. Veronica ~ Again this post is just WONDERFUL! I couldn't agree with more! I would call this an "Introduction" page ~ LOL! It is PERFECT! LOVE the "K" you chose and the flower is a GREAT touch! What a great idea to use the tag and the date too! Never would have thought about that! I would never have know it wasn't supposed to be there unless you mentioned it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a GREAT idea! I have never used 'transition'pages in all my scrapping days. There are times that I have MANY, MANY embellishments that do not fit on the page with all my pictures, but I still want to use them. I will start now though!

    Love ya,

    Mom

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I appreciate your feedback and hope you were inspired!