20 March 2014

MCT Thrifty Thursday: Oh Snap!

by Veronica

Several weeks ago, I tore apart my craft studio and reorganized it. Everything. You know what I've always had trouble with? 

Click for a larger view of my binder
Scraps.

Ugh...what do you DO with them?

Well, I think I found the solution that works for me. I now put all of my solid color scraps into a zipper binder. Each color family has its own sleeve: corals, pinks, yellow/oranges, browns, blues, etc. 

I've vowed to only keep scraps sized to be USABLE and that if I have a TON of one color of scraps, I won't save any more smaller pieces. This has helped to keep my scraps manageable and usable.

Having the binder has made all of my solid color scraps easily accessible. I can have the binder on my craft table and bring it with me to crops. When not in use, it easily slides into one of my drawers. I {love} having things organized.

Tip: By using a zipper binder, I don't have to worry about my scraps falling out. Even if they do come loose, they aren't going very far!

Do you have a great storage solution for your scraps? I'd love to hear about it in the comments!

My project for today's Thrifty Thursday with My Creative Time is made entirely of scraps!

Our niece, Jamie, has earned her GED and this card is to celebrate! She's interested in going back to school for photography, so I knew the camera die would be perfect for this non-traditional graduation card.

MCT Products Used
Label Font ("Oh Snap!")
Fun Variety On The Inside & Out ("Your hard work has paid off!)
It's All About You (chevron stamp)
All Around Holidays (star die)

Thanks for stopping by today! Check out Emma's blog to see what the other designers have to share today.

I hope you were inspired!

- Veronica

10 comments :

  1. Heloo, good Thursday morning Miss Veronica and oh your card is so ca-ute you always pick and choose the best paper, colors and ways to used Miss Emma's goodies. It's always a pleasure to visit your blog as it's always packed with fun and lots of creative inspiration. You are the best!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable grad card!!! Great idea for scraps...I have a drawer that all my white, black, kraft and brown solids go. Then another drawer for other colours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Lee-Ann! Do you separate the colors in the color drawer?

      Delete
  3. Super adorable!!! Just love this card, Veronica!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Veronica ~ Well of course I LOVE your card! The colors are so FUN and HAPPY! Well I LOVE your idea! I keep a file folder thing ( so technical here that I keep PTI scraps ) I keep it right at hands reach on the floor. My other scraps ~ well in my purging I threw most of them out! YEP ~ just tossed them! I did save some and put them back in one of those plastic drawer thing for now. I mainly kept this for projects for my son's class and his crafting. But I have a cool idea for my die cut storage scraps... once I get done ~ I will share!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the idea of a zipper binder so you can take them with you. I bought one of those 10 drawer carts with the colored drawers and have divided up the scraps by color, each in its' own appropriately colored drawer. It works great, but I can't take it with me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to do that, too, and it worked out well for me. But you're right - you can't take it with you! Also, I had so much room to fit the scraps that I'd keep way more than I could possibly ever use! LOL

      Thanks for sharing, Kathy!

      Delete
  6. Super storage idea Veronica!
    Love your adorable card too!
    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooh she's gonna love it! I put my scraps in plastic drawers by color.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't have a solution for scraps...I just try to use them down to confetti size...I plan to file them in a standing file but now sure exactly how. I usually don't have too many and I don't call it a scrap if it is 4.25" x 5.5" or larger. I like your background and the star on the camera. Great card...your Niece will love it.
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I appreciate your feedback and hope you were inspired!