04 March 2014

MCT Try Me Tuesday: Flamin' Birthday

by Veronica

For Try Me Tuesday with the MCT Design Team, we are showing you NEW ways to use your MCT dies. Something unexpected.

I've gotta be honest. When I saw that I was scheduled for this day, my first thought was: but I just did that. Twice. (here + here)

I thought I was out of ideas. But you know what?

With MCT, the possibilities are ENDLESS.



For this fabulous and simple birthday card, I used the ornament die from Warm Holiday Fun and the banner from Chocolate Greetings to make the candle. I swirled some Dazzling Details on the flame after coloring it in with my Copics.

The teal layer is embossed with Stampin' Up!'s Chevron Embossing Folder. The card was a cinch to make and is perfect for our nephew's 2nd birthday in May!

Wanna see some other great uses for MCT dies? Check out Emma's blog to see what the other designers have made today.

I hope you were inspired!

- Veronica

12 comments :

  1. OH WOW again how clever are you.....I love your candle my gosh....have these dies but would've never in a million years come up with this ..... again you are a creative genius. I just am not clever enough to come up with this kind of thing but I so love all of Miss Emma's goodies and have all but two of her dies.....so I am stoked about today. I always can't wait 2 C what you come up with and I am so going to use your candle idea on a birthday LO in fact I'm going to be doing one today...you you will so be on my mind. YOU ROCK!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I though that exact thing...this is your specialty!!!! Love your candle, great idea!!! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply perfect!!! I'm having one of those, "Why didn't I think of that?" moments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, you have been using Emma's dies in a lot of fun and creative ways. Thanks, I always love to try and do that and see other people do it too. It just makes them that much more versatile. I have got to say that I absolutely LOVE this candle. That die is PERFECT for the flame and the candle itself it great too. Awesome job!!!! Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW AWESOME idea Veronica, LOVE your card!!!Have a SUPER day my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea! Wish I had seen this a month ago when I had to make a birthday card for my 19 year old son. I was looking for some candle svg's. Guy cards are sooo hard for me - I always want to add bling and ribbons and "girl" stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Veronica ~ OMG! Are you kidding me ~ this is BRILLAINT idea and YES I am stealing this one too! I LOVE how this turned out and I have a birthday coming up later this year that this TOTALLY can work for too! YAY!!! AWESOME as always!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a good idea! I love how you made the candle flame. Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous idea!! Fantastic card!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You certainly did just do this challenge twice. So clever before and now another great idea for a candle and it looks fabulous. Super job!
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  11. very nice card. love the flame on candle

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well I love both of your card from the other post. You definitely used them in a awesome way. I love what you did with these dies. I so need to start thinking outside of the box.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I appreciate your feedback and hope you were inspired!